Old February 7th 18, 02:18 AM posted to
Default Unprofessional stations

On 6 Feb 2018 12:13:46 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" wrote:

On 04/02/2018 in message Brian Gaff wrote:

Seems to me that these automated tv stations with pre recorded continuity
are only as good as the person who checks them. So often the wrong
announcment goes out, such as a plug for a show including its time at the
end of the show itself, making it bleedin obvious its canned.

The radio stations are worse, and potentially could cause you real
problems. "It's 7 o/clock, here is the news". No it bogging well isn't
it's actually eight minutes past seven!

By 09:00 they seem to be sync with their clock.

Piers Morgan often gives a time check in hours minutes and seconds,
which is a novelty these days. I have wondered if his clock is fast so
as to be roughly correct at the point of reception, but I am never
sufficiently awake to check.