Old January 30th 18, 08:24 PM posted to
Default New aerial for Winter Hill.

Actually many logs had a slightly rising gain with frequency to compensate
for losses due to the higher frequencies.

"Woody" wrote in message

"Graham." wrote in message
I will be overhauling my aerials when the weather gets a bit warmer
and I was wondering, after the 700MHz band clearance and move
downwards, what group of aerial to use rather than the C/D one I have
now that is already sub-prime.

We were promised a new grouping scheme optimised for the post 800Mhz
clearance, did the manufactures deliver this?

What about the even smaller band we are about to get, has that
influenced the aerials available, or is there now just one group?

If you have a good strong signal then your best bet is a log periodic as
they are essentially flat response.

On the other hand if your signal requires a longer yagi or multibeam now
then - sadly - your best bet is a wideband multibeam. You can fit an
in-line 790MHz filter now if you feel it necessary and change that to a
700MHz fliter after clearance has been completed. Such a filter is
definitely a good idea if you have any form of wideband preamp to prevent
overloading by out-of-band signals.

Filters widely available quite cheaply on fleabay.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com