Old January 29th 18, 07:59 PM posted to
Default Freeview swizzling sound tracks

Both I know all about disc at once and track at once writing. fixed that
ages ago. However commercial ones and my own do the same thing.

"Johnny B Good" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:15:10 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

its all part of the losing the plot world we live in. I have for
example a
cd/dvd player here which sounds excelent but has one flaw any real cd
player should not have, it ducks between tracks, so there you are
listening to the classical cd with track markers that should not be
heard, and hey presto it ducks the sound. I expect more from Panasonic
than this, Software operating cds has been standard for may years, so
why re invent the thing badly. OK so the player can play mp3 cds and
dvds and even ram stick recordings, but all with this strange issue.

Can I assume that you are referring to commercially pressed CDs which,
when played on another CD player, *doesn't* duck the sound at the track
boundaries or are you referring to CD tracks that have been ripped to
recordable media such as CD-R and/or CD+R using CD Burning software?

It's been well over a decade since I last burnt any audio CDs but I do
remember the problem I had creating CDs from ripped tape and vinyl where
the audio CD burning software (Nero5 in my case) kept introducing
unwanted two second gaps between the seperate tracks very much against my

Prior to slicing each digitised album or tape into seperate wav files, I
used to simply burn the whole of each album side (whether direct from the
vinyl or a reel to reel tape copy) as a single track which preserved the
original inter-track timings. This, however, meant I couldn't easily drop
onto an individual 'track', hence my discovering the two second of
silence between tracks after going to the trouble of slicing and dicing
my digitisations of each whole side of an album.

It took a bit of close scrutiny of the user guide and some
experimentation to work out how to configure the track burning list to
eliminate the (by default) two second inter-track gaps before I could
recreate an audibly exact copy of the source material whilst retaining
the convenience of seperate numerically identifiable tracks that I could
elect to "drop the stylus onto".

I suspect you may be experiencing this problem with your own home burned
CD compilations, hence my anecdote above. If this is a symptom that can't
be duplicated using other CD players, you have my condolences for being
the disgruntled owner of a piece of non-compliant crap.

Johnny B Good