Old January 10th 18, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Peoples expectations of others.

Yeah a Grundig ( who makes theese now?) TV supposedly has U view but nobody
could get it to do anything.

Be aware never buy second hand tvs any more they are probably obsolete
software wise.

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 09/01/2018 22:18, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 09/01/2018 21:49, Roderick Stewart wrote:
I've been given a Talktalk "Youview" box to fix, or diagnose, or
something, with the fault described as "doesn't work", and I've never
been very good at clairvoyance. It powers up and goes to a menu screen
of some sort but I can't go any further because they forgot to include
the remote control. Assuming I'm eventually supplied with this, if
something doesn't make itself obvious very quickly I might just hand
it back marked "no fault found". I should really have learned by now
that life's too short to worry about other people's problems when they
can't even tell you what they are.

Youview boxes are virtually useless without an internet connection.

We have one (with a hard-wired internet connection),but it would work like
any other 1Tb HDD Freeview PVR without the internet.

It might be worth asking if the owner had wired it into his router.

Are there any that have no recording medium? I have seen a TV like that,
but not (yet) a box.