Old January 5th 18, 11:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_3_]

Default iPlayer needs an aerial?

On 04/01/2018 20:12, NY wrote:
"David Woolley" wrote in message
news
On 04/01/18 17:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his
Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried

iPlayer now needs an account when run on a PC.* I presume a TV with an
aerial is assumed to be being used within the UK, and therefore
covered by TV licensing.

I'm wondering how much longer the GetIplayer program (which allows
programmes to be downloaded from iPlayer) will continue to work, given
that the iPlayer website now challenges you for a username and password
every so often.

You now need a licence to watch anything on iPlayer regardless, hence
the login...

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Dave