Old January 5th 18, 08:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default iPlayer needs an aerial?

That seems a bit of a stretch really, itt depends whether it is an aerial or
tuned in stations that it needs and how it knows if its tuned to any bbc
channels.
brian

"David Woolley" wrote in message
news
On 04/01/18 17:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Today we had a customer who said that iPlayer wouldn't work on his
Polaroid TV without an aerial being connected. Sceptical, we tried

iPlayer now needs an account when run on a PC. I presume a TV with an
aerial is assumed to be being used within the UK, and therefore covered by
TV licensing.