Old December 30th 17, 04:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Does any hardware still allow playing of CD video?

I can play the newere cd video stuff OK that is not the same format, its
some kind of jpeg, this I'm told is full bandwidth video like the old
Laservision but with digital embedded audio in it.

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 30/12/2017 12:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'm talking the cd sized discs you used to get that were gold in colour,
but
had one big video track and a couple of normal audio tracks.

I have an old Panasonic DVD recorder/player (no hard drive), and according
to the spec it does play video from CDs. I have never tried it though, so
can't confirm or deny it.

Jim