Old December 27th 17, 05:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default A discussion in that D-I-Y group

On 27/12/2017 17:21, Jeff Layman wrote:

Why should signing use any more bandwidth than a picture without?

It doesn't. However to add an optional (for the viewer) signing
picture/signal to the original video stream, will increase bandwidth,
as will two versions of a given channel, one sans signing, the other
with it.

Yonks ago BBC R&d were working on a low bandwidth cgi style style signer
as an option. I don't know what happened to that idea ?

--
Mark