Old December 27th 17, 04:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default A discussion in that D-I-Y group

On 27/12/2017 14:58, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:49:18 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

Signing is bound to use a lot of bandwidth, unless a simplified
silhouette of a pair of hands is used, which can be superimposed on the
existing video as it is with subtitles. I suspect that people who use
sign language are used to have an actual person in front of them and
rely on facial expressions.

Why aren't subtitles sufficient?

Someone asked that question in here a few years ago, and I think the
answer remains the same, some deaf people cannot read.

--
Mark