Old December 17th 17, 12:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Samsung Smart TVs and Android

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 17:50:07 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Not even sure of the mechanism, but I presume that means two Wi-Fi
channels running at several Mbps.

Depends where the media is stored, for YouTube content the phone doesn't
grab it from the internet and then sling it at the telly, the phone just
tells the telly which video to fetch and play for itself.

No it can't be that because of the very limited Wi-Fi bandwidth from router to TV and also the same video appears on the phone - i.e. the phone is receiving the stream anyway.

I will do a bit of Googling, but it looks like it is peer to peer Wi-Fi aka Miracast.

It might be different e.g. for music stored on the phone.