Old December 11th 17, 08:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default Sony Android TV's and screen mirroring?

Bravia 4K 2015, bought 2016, Screen Mirroring/Miracast not working right, I
think it was a recent firmware update caused it though it always seemed a
bit iffy. Laptop sees the TV and the desktop appears on TV but it seems to
freeze there, doing anything on laptop is not followed on TV. It may appear
5 minutes or more later but slow and jerky. Mobile phone which connected to
TV before now won't at all. Google Cast works OK and right click/send to TV
works but this is limited to certain file types. Have done all sorts of
troubleshooting and factory resets with no joy. Uses Android 6.01.
My daughter also recently bought a newer version Sony TV with Android 7.
Screen mirroring/Google cast/send to TV, none of the three works at all!
She has been in touch with Sony Support without any result.
Sony say Miracast is not guaranteed to work with all devices but I am using
devices which did work until they "updated" it and it's even worse on my
daughter's. BTW factory reset on these does not remove updates.
Anyone else having similar problems with Sony TV's, where do we stand
legally?

Kenny Cargill