Old December 9th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default How are you Fire TV folk going to see your YouTube from 01.01.18

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 07:52:09 -0800 (PST), TonyGamble
wrote:

The YouTube app on the Amazon Fire TV is not going to work after the end of this year.

What do the folk who use it around here plan to do?

Good question and my answer at the moment is "don't know".

Does one load a third party app on the Fire TV or bin it and buy something like a Roku?

When I did my research a couple of months ago the spec of the new Fire TV was better than that of the Roku - but without YouTube I guess I'll rarely use it.

Tony

You can sideload apps using ES File Explorer but whether this will work
for youTube I don't know. But if it does become possible there will be
loads of info on the internet telling us how to do it.

So personally I am going to sit back and wait to see what unfolds.