Old December 9th 17, 09:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Amazon malfunction in prime?...

Yes but since the last thing I bought was last month, the start date for
prime of 8th Dec is ridiculous.

Also yes, Audible are quite good and now you can get Kindle apps for even
the pc then there is no problem if your audio on your Kindle is bust or non
existent. Also some books bought in print are no allowed to self voice by
Kindle due to rights issues and so the only game in town for audio is
Audible or some other commercial version.
To me I'd rather have real people reading it, but I just do not get the
books that you end up with that we blind cannot hear as its disabled but no
audio version has been made of course you can return them for a refund but
that is missing the point. Some publishers need to realise that blind
peoples money is just as good as everyone elses and no way is an auto voiced
copy going to stop sales of a good audio version but it can spell the
difference between we being able to buy a book or not at all.
Rant over.
These days I don't seem to have time to read audio books!

"Martin" wrote in message
They also own a company Audible that provides audio versions of Kindle
books.
The fact that Kindles don;t all have sound doesn;t stop them. I downloaded
Kindle app to my PC to read a book I had bought. Touch the audio symbol an
you
find yourself the owner of an audio version of the book.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 17:02:26 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

In other words. I've not been near their site for nearly a week this
morning
two emails come through and I've been given a gift for Christmas. A free
month of prime. I don't want Prime I never asked for it.
So being the careful person I am I did not click the link in the
offending
emails, I went to my bookmark in firefox. Sure as they said I have been
enrolled. So why?
Seems totally random, but the other email was from the Echo system
telling
me of some new skills etc, but I've not actually done anything so what is
going on.
I have now cancelled it but its bloody hard work, you just don't get are
you sure, oh no its perhaps you would like the Prime fresh on its own, or
prime video on its own are you sure, yes I'm bloody sure here are the
benefits you will lose. NO **** off I don't want em never used em and no
you
cannot take nearly 8 quid out of my account in January either.
Its worse than going in a shop with an over zealous assistant. Its more
like those vendors who bother you on holiday trying to sell you leather
goods while you are trying to eat your dinner, except that in this case
unless you can find the right button on a screen several times you get
charged even though you never asked for it.
I thought this was illegal?

Obviously something has thrown a wobbly their end, so folks keep an eye on
this as it might have happened to others as well. I'm quite happy with
Amazons service as normal I don't need to pay them 8 quid a month for
nothing I'm ever going to need. I don't want their video I don't want
their
music on demand I don't need super delivery or all the fresh veg in the
world thank you very much, All I want is to be left alone to enjoy
shopping
and getting stuff and using my echo dot.

I could understand it if I'd actually ordered something recently but I
have
not.

Martin in Zuid Holland