Old December 8th 17, 05:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Amazon malfunction in prime?...

In other words. I've not been near their site for nearly a week this morning
two emails come through and I've been given a gift for Christmas. A free
month of prime. I don't want Prime I never asked for it.
So being the careful person I am I did not click the link in the offending
emails, I went to my bookmark in firefox. Sure as they said I have been
enrolled. So why?
Seems totally random, but the other email was from the Echo system telling
me of some new skills etc, but I've not actually done anything so what is
going on.
I have now cancelled it but its bloody hard work, you just don't get are
you sure, oh no its perhaps you would like the Prime fresh on its own, or
prime video on its own are you sure, yes I'm bloody sure here are the
benefits you will lose. NO **** off I don't want em never used em and no you
cannot take nearly 8 quid out of my account in January either.
Its worse than going in a shop with an over zealous assistant. Its more
like those vendors who bother you on holiday trying to sell you leather
goods while you are trying to eat your dinner, except that in this case
unless you can find the right button on a screen several times you get
charged even though you never asked for it.
I thought this was illegal?

Obviously something has thrown a wobbly their end, so folks keep an eye on
this as it might have happened to others as well. I'm quite happy with
Amazons service as normal I don't need to pay them 8 quid a month for
nothing I'm ever going to need. I don't want their video I don't want their
music on demand I don't need super delivery or all the fresh veg in the
world thank you very much, All I want is to be left alone to enjoy shopping
and getting stuff and using my echo dot.

I could understand it if I'd actually ordered something recently but I have
not.