Old December 8th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Pontop Pike

On 08/12/2017 11:28, Clive Page wrote:
On 08/12/2017 03:27, Bill Wright wrote:
Most people who use Sky also have an aerial, so they have an alternative.

Or perhaps because it will cost money to have an unused aerial taken
down, and they just wait for a passing storm to do the work for them?

One sees quite a lot of aerials leaning at very odd angles which are
probably no longer in use.* My guess is that they have partly survived
one storm but are waiting for another one to complete the job.

It's very true that broken aerials tend to be left. Mostly though it's
because they still work OK, due to the DSO effective power increase and
the immunity of DTT to multipath. There are a lot of very dangerous
aerial left hanging. I don't like to walk on town pavements.

Bill