Old December 7th 17, 11:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

Default So what is the new 10K standard I'm hearing the new hdmi cablestandard supports,

Without wishing to upset you I can easily tell full HD from SD on a 42" screen at 3- 4m, but not at 7-8m. When I get round to replacing our main TV, it will almost certainly be 4k HDR. Not even much of a premium now.

Brian started a thread about the different types of display a few weeks ago and it prompted me to look at a few showrooms such as Peter Jones and Harrods.

I'm still using a 42" plasma and if I were to change I would certainly skip LED and QLED (which seems the same to me) and go for OLED. Presumably there is 4k HDR in LED - but is there any point?

Tony