Old December 1st 17, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Radio I Player vs Podcasts?

No they are extended interviews in Inside Science for example.
Also is this not what I said? It seems odd to me to have two versions of
the same show.

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 01/12/2017 09:59, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't know if this also happens on TV but recently say in the last 6
months or so when listening to certain radio programs, on R4 mainly
either
live or on I player, you hearer, for an extended version of this
interview,
download the podcast of this program.
If they consider a longer version good enough, why not simply broadcast
it
and make the programme longer? There already lots of repeats on R4 and
that
would seem to be mostly pointless if you can get the content on the I
Player
but now you have the added complexity of having to hear it all again on
the podcast to find the extra they did not put in the programme.

What's the matter with podcasts? You can download them automatically and
listen to them whenever you want to without having to record them. Also,
the extended parts are usually stuff for enthusiasts only, like the bits
at the end of In Our Time or the intro and outro parts of Click.

--
Max Demian