Old November 29th 17, 06:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default BBC Drivel update.

No but since there is now so much interference about a lot of the content is
taken from online streams and these at least for radio should be as it is
for on air in my humble opinion and I've seen no change thus far but this
message does make me wonder what their motive might be.
They need to apply their minds to stupidity issues, such as the internet
feed when a sports item is put out on local radio merely has a loop telling
you they do not have the rights yet often the stations fm transmitter has a
different program an this could be put onto the online stream instead. I've
seen it on Solent and Surrey/Sussex. Laziness that is what it is.

"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/11/2017 10:25, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:40:39 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

[quote from BBC]
We've been working to make it easier to sign in to your BBC account,
and enable you to get more out of BBC Online.

[...]

What about working to make it possible for me to continue to listen to
the radio, and watch television, without signing into anything at all,
as I've been able to do for the past sixty-odd years?

60 years ago I could watch a television program (on a television) or
listen to a radio program (on a radio) as it was broadcast. I can still
do that without signing in to anything. I know of no plans to require it.
Am I missing something?

--
Robin