Old October 12th 17, 08:01 PM posted to
Default Timecode on programme-as-broadcast archive material

I'm not sure what you mean, but on old video tape there was always time
allowed for everything to stabilise, I seem to recall.

"NY" wrote in message
This is probably a weird, obsessive question...

I've noticed that if you see a programme from a tape archive (eg BBC's
Windmill Road) with burnt-in timecode, the TC often begins at 10:00:00
rather than 00:00:00. An example is Is there a reason why they
chose to begin the TC at a "zero" of 10:00:00?