Old October 12th 17, 11:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default HDMI switcher needed

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 11:31:11 UTC+1, TonyGamble wrote:
I've had some helpful advice regarding Firesticks and the alternatives. Thank you.

I now need an HDMI switcher so I can alternate between one of the new Firesticks (being launched 25 Oct) and my Humax Freesat PVR.

I did have an HDMI switcher for the Humax and my Sony DVD player but abandoned it. The problem was that when I switched on my plasma it seemed to need what I'd best describe as a kick from the HDMI feed to know it was there.. Most of the time I'm watching the Humax. When the Humax is fed direct to the plasma without the switcher the plasma recognizes it is there. With the switcher in the chain it seems not to.

My understanding at the time was that the plasma sends a signal back to the HDMI source - but it was not getting through when the switcher was in the circuit.

So I chucked the switcher into the waste bin.

You probably just need to power cycle the TV.

If I am to buy a new one what do I need to look for to avoid this problem happening again?

As always a pointer to something on Amazon UK would be appreciated - but all help is valuable.

Tony
London UK