Old October 12th 17, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default HDMI switcher needed

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
TonyGamble wrote:

I've had some helpful advice regarding Firesticks and the
alternatives. Thank you.

I now need an HDMI switcher so I can alternate between one of the new
Firesticks (being launched 25 Oct) and my Humax Freesat PVR.

I did have an HDMI switcher for the Humax and my Sony DVD player but
abandoned it. The problem was that when I switched on my plasma it
seemed to need what I'd best describe as a kick from the HDMI feed to
know it was there. Most of the time I'm watching the Humax. When the
Humax is fed direct to the plasma without the switcher the plasma
recognizes it is there. With the switcher in the chain it seems not
to.

My understanding at the time was that the plasma sends a signal back
to the HDMI source - but it was not getting through when the switcher
was in the circuit.

So I chucked the switcher into the waste bin.

If I am to buy a new one what do I need to look for to avoid this
problem happening again?

As always a pointer to something on Amazon UK would be appreciated -
but all help is valuable.

Tony
London UK

Try cpc:

https://cpc.farnell.com/

They have a selection advertised in their online catalogues.

--
Davey.