Old October 10th 17, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default A better YouTube receiver

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 03:20:50 -0700 (PDT), TonyGamble
wrote:

I did phone Amazon - or rather I got them to phone me. Which they did almost instantly.

The helper went through the procedure of stopping YouTube and clearing the data.

It seems to have cured the problem, but tonight will be the test as that is when I have previously had problems.

She also told me that there is a new version of the Firestick coming out around the 25th October.

I'll post here when I have given the system some work this evening.

Tony

I tend to use you Tube later in the day rather than earlier, sometimes
in the early hours if I am tumbling along one of those youTube "just one
more video" sessions. :-)

There are rare days when it is clearly playing up, I guess at youTube's
end, but it is generally instant enough that it is easy to forget I am
streaming.

But anyway, the only thing left (although did you say you already have?)
is to clear everything off, factory defaults and all that, and to reload
the youTube software.

I suppose there is an outside chance you have a faulty unit, but if the
other streaming apps are fine, that would seem unlikely.

Anyway - good luck I guess and I hope you get to the bottom of it.