Old October 9th 17, 11:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

Default CCTV of the recent road accident near the Natural History Museum

On 09/10/17 10:54, Robin wrote:
On 09/10/2017 04:00, Bill Wright wrote:
I haven't seen any. Seems odd.

Not to me. I don't recall release of official (eg police, council or
TfL) still images or video of such incidents unless the police are
seeking information - eg the identity of suspects or previous movements
of vehicles. There's the risk of prejudicing a trail. It'd also be
insensitive to show victims being injured.

Also, it would be a breach of the Data Protection Act for any video
showing recognizable people to be released directly by private
organisations, to anyone but the police, the courts, or someone included
in the coverage (and in the latter case, it might be necessary to redact
coverage of other people).