Old October 7th 17, 10:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

Default The latest idea from a Brexit official: Replace EU safety checks with Amazon reviews

wrote in message
On Friday, 6 October 2017 13:53:29 UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:
This should be fun.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...rom-a-brexit-o
fficial-replace-eu-safety-checks-with-amazon-reviews-a3650231.html

What "EU safety checks"?

There are no safety checks on products entering the EU. Everything relies
on manufacturers' declarations of conformity, which are pretty meaningless
when genuine, and often completely fictitious.

well I thought that too (otherwise just how does all the Chinese crap get
through?)

But one of the official requests from HMG (to the EU) is that products which
are already CE approved on leaving date should not have to be re-approved -
as that, apparently "takes months and costs thousands" (per product), and I
thought "does it really!?"

but what do I know

tim