Old October 5th 17, 10:22 PM posted to
Default [OT] Dual-Gang switched 13A + USB sockets

"Pinnerite" wrote in message
I need to partially rewire my apartment. I am tempted to replace some
double-switched sockets with those that incorporate USB sockets.

Some are described as Switched USB Socket 13A 2-gang + 2 USB.

Can I assume that the USB sockets on these are actually switched and
no current until a plug is inserted?

If you have any experience of these things I would appreciate the
benefit of
your know-how.

The USB sockets are permanently powered, the switches only operate on
the 13A outlets.

Also note that you will need at least a 35mm box to carry one of these
outlets as they are rather thicker. If your installation does not have
this depth of box then you may have to get spacer collars to fit
between the socket and the wall although they are a bit like rocking
horse **** to find. You will of course also need longer screws whether
you use the spacer or not.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com