Old October 4th 17, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

Default Cold caller

"Mark" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:25:45 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Hey, last night I got a call from a bloke called Chris with a suspicious
Chinese/American accent wanting to do a survey about Aquariums. Like why?
I do despair sometimes. He had hung on and put his name into my true call
device so he was not in a hurry. I basically told him his call was very
fishy and he did not get the joke but still rang off when I told him no
and
I don't keep fish. I feel sure he rang the wrong number which makes me
wonder if somebody is deliberately giving these people leads to random
numbers. His number came back to a mobile number which when rang back said
it was invalid.

Unfortunately many cold callers spoof their CLID so you can't tell
where they're calling from. My advice is to tell them to f**k off.

An ex customer (didn't pay his bill) pocket dialled me once. He hid CLID but
I recognised him talking in the background - so I put the handset on the
shelf and got back to the job in hand.