Old October 4th 17, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark[_6_]

Default Cold caller

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 15:25:45 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Hey, last night I got a call from a bloke called Chris with a suspicious
Chinese/American accent wanting to do a survey about Aquariums. Like why?
I do despair sometimes. He had hung on and put his name into my true call
device so he was not in a hurry. I basically told him his call was very
fishy and he did not get the joke but still rang off when I told him no and
I don't keep fish. I feel sure he rang the wrong number which makes me
wonder if somebody is deliberately giving these people leads to random
numbers. His number came back to a mobile number which when rang back said
it was invalid.

Unfortunately many cold callers spoof their CLID so you can't tell
where they're calling from. My advice is to tell them to f**k off.