Old October 4th 17, 03:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Cold caller

Hey, last night I got a call from a bloke called Chris with a suspicious
Chinese/American accent wanting to do a survey about Aquariums. Like why?
I do despair sometimes. He had hung on and put his name into my true call
device so he was not in a hurry. I basically told him his call was very
fishy and he did not get the joke but still rang off when I told him no and
I don't keep fish. I feel sure he rang the wrong number which makes me
wonder if somebody is deliberately giving these people leads to random
numbers. His number came back to a mobile number which when rang back said
it was invalid.

I'm sure many jokes could have been made up but really , what can one say
about these folk.

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 03/10/2017 05:08, Bill Wright wrote:
Hello? [broken English]
Hello? [me]
Hello, my name is Karen. The government are giving grants for home
improvements to people who are on benefits. Is there anyone in your house
who receives benefits?
Yes, both of us.
What benefits do you receive?
Well, the fact is... I'm not sure I can tell you...
I need to know what benefits you receive.
OK, well, thing is like, it's a special payment for people who have
murdered an estate agent.
I'm sorry, what you say?
It's a special payment for people who have murdered an estate agent. I
murdered three so I get three lots of money.
Hello, my name is Karen. The government are giving grants for home
improvements to people who are on benefits. Is there anyone in your house
who receives benefits?
Yes I just said, me and the missus both get benefits. I get murderers'
allowance and she gets arsonist payment.
This call is recorded, I should tell you that fact.
Oh good. Will I be a the telly?
We will tell the government what you have said and you will be in big
trouble.
She rung off.

This was on speakerphone and had Oscar (8) in stitches.

Glad to see you have not lost your touch Bill. Now you have ll this time
on your hands what about telling us the long awaited story of your trip to
the Emerald Isle?

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid