Old October 3rd 17, 06:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Cold caller

Yes I no longer get these, but when a lady once asked me if I was eligible
for a grant, I told here I'd rather it was a nice sexy Sophia instead. She
put the phone down.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
Hello? [broken English]
Hello? [me]
Hello, my name is Karen. The government are giving grants for home
improvements to people who are on benefits. Is there anyone in your house
who receives benefits?
Yes, both of us.
What benefits do you receive?
Well, the fact is... I'm not sure I can tell you...
I need to know what benefits you receive.
OK, well, thing is like, it's a special payment for people who have
murdered an estate agent.
I'm sorry, what you say?
It's a special payment for people who have murdered an estate agent. I
murdered three so I get three lots of money.
Hello, my name is Karen. The government are giving grants for home
improvements to people who are on benefits. Is there anyone in your house
who receives benefits?
Yes I just said, me and the missus both get benefits. I get murderers'
allowance and she gets arsonist payment.
This call is recorded, I should tell you that fact.
Oh good. Will I be a the telly?
We will tell the government what you have said and you will be in big
trouble.
She rung off.

This was on speakerphone and had Oscar (8) in stitches.

Bill