Old October 2nd 17, 09:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Modem uptime record

Rather daftly the Virgin Hub used to be solid for months, now they update
the firmware seemingly endlessly leaving it haldf working and in need of a
reboot. Surely in this techy world where they can do updates remotely, they
should be able to remotely reboot the thing. Strange.

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Roderick Stewart wrote:

On checking my VDSL modem uptime today, I see it has maintained a
solid internet connection for exactly 100 days

I have seen similar uptimes, depends if there's any BT maintenance to
disrupt it (Or if I accidentally knock the 'reset' button on the router,
the UPS can't help me there).

All a far cry from ADSL2 on a long line which would sometimes have 100
reconnects per day!

It's a Billion 8800NL modem/router, and I'm with Zen.

I used to use an 8800NL in bridge mode, with openWRT on a separate
router/firewall/access-point, and had no problems with it. Now I run LEDE
(which is essentially openWRT with a kick up the arse) on a BT homehub 5a
so it's all in one box (and also has full gigabit ports and 802.11ac WiFi)