Old October 1st 17, 10:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default Interesting Gadget

Roderick Stewart wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Yeah, I saw a tech site that reviewed the gaming and cinema editions

It might have been Linus Tech Tips-

It was, I didn't mention it by name because I don't really like his
style, too shouty and on the edge.

He's usually pretty honest about things he reviews. While usually
finding something good to say about whatever it is, he doesn't avoid
the bad points.

We don't get a very detailed explanation

Maybe the up-scaling in some TVs is worse than others, and it's quite
amazing that a better version can be hidden within an HDMI plug.

there are different versions for gaming and movies.

That seems unnecessary, you'd think a single cable with "game/cinema"
mode switch would be possible.