Old September 23rd 17, 11:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default Inter channel levels

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:55:48 +0100, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

Freesat's just as bad

the difference appears to be between HD and SD channels

Swapping from the news on BBC1 (which because of the regional choice
defaults to SD) to exactly the same program on BBCN, and the sound level
shoots up from barely audible to deafening (or the other way round, I
forget)

Not with our setup. BBC HD sound is different to BBC SD.
BBC HD sound is in Dolby 5.1. BBC SD isn't
Otherwise we rarely have to adjust the sound when watching via Freesat.

Eh? My TV only has Left and Right channels. If you are saying the signal
contains Dolby 5.1 information, that's no excuse for messing up the normal
output.
--
Dave W