Old September 17th 17, 10:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default bbc inacuracies

In article , Martin
wrote:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:46:40 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

When the Casini probe was due to crash into Saturn the news said it was
running out of power in its nuclear generator. This was not only untrue,
but other bbc programs like BBC Inside Science had got it right, saying
it was low on fuel for the jets that pointed it when gyros were not
suitable. I just wonder why they do not actually get an expert in for
news reports when they are writing them. They did correct it
afterwards, but really shoddy work indeed. Does not bode well for other
stories really. Brian

They said it had less than one percent gas left for the thrusters in the
BBC report I heard. BBC gets a press hand out and somebody interprets it.
If you have ever been involved in anything the media reports you know
that the report will be inaccurate

so what about the other stories?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England