Old September 10th 17, 01:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default 10s delay on Gt. North Run

Maybe so, but seems to me that I've heard longer delays over the internet
between one computer and another supposedly on the same stream live.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
I think this is a bit too much to be accounted for by digital coding
delays etc.

It could be a sign of the times. A big public event broadcast live is a
target for terrorists; a 10 second delay would allow the broadcasters to
step in and stop the broadcast of certain incidents. e.g. Bomb on finish
line, screen filled with flying body parts.

--
Ken