Old September 7th 17, 06:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd

Default sky store film downloading by itself?

Does the Sky box download random films on the off chance I might
want them?

These internet downloads are a reasonably modern concept, Sky has been
running overnight Sky Anytime satellite downloads of on demand content
to boxes for many, many years, all boxes have reserved disk space for
this.

If lots of people buy the same new film, it makes sense to broadcast it
on satellite and save it that way, rather than lots of 5 to 8 gig
internet downloads.

Remember Sky pays to distribute programming over the internet, they
needs server farms (third party), bandwidth, etc, none of this is free,
and the greater the demand, the greater the cost, although we are all
paying for it through our massive bills.

If you have metered broadband, you should be able to check your usage
to see if the movie was downloaded.

Angus