Old September 4th 17, 12:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

Default Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

On 01/09/2017 21:29, sintv wrote:
On Friday, 1 September 2017 21:21:39 UTC+1, Chris Holmes wrote:
Hi All,

My daughter is moving into social housing, and the flat has neither an aerial or satellite (it's the spell checker nearly put satanic) connection.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a BT Youview box (on a non BT broadband connection). just for the catch up services without having an aerial connected?

You can use a tv just on broadband so I would imagine a Youview box could be used as well

Confirmed.

A few weeks ago when the inddor aerial was kaput, I found that the Humax
Youview box still got all the FV channels "live" and (of course) as
catch-up.

I am not sure, though, whether broadband connections are robust enough
and good-enough value to be able to stream and download all one's TV
requirements. At least Sky, as used here, offers massive download
quantities without blinking.

---
http://www.avg.com