Old September 2nd 17, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default Use a BT Youview box without an aerial?

Somebody offered me a redundant one, but since its totally inaccessible I
declined.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 02/09/2017 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:

It could be of course that the software only allows bt routers to
connect,
but I've never tried.

I have a Youview box connected to a Virginmedia router and it connects OK.

My one is connected to an aerial as well and I have not tried what happens
if you don't have an aerial connection. I have a vague recollection that
in the initial set-up it identified which region I am in, but whether it
does that via the aerial or the IP address I can't tell.

Jim