Old August 31st 17, 06:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Weatherproof 4-way splitter

Well I suppose something must be cheaper at Maplin some day...

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 16:20:35 UTC+1, wrote:
On 31/08/2017 15:20, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof case?
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I need
the amplification now.)

-- Richard

The small diecast ones are generally waterproof, if you wrap the f
connectors with self amalg.

http://cpc.farnell.com/triax/344004/...mhz/dp/AP01023

That's how I used to do outdoor splitters ever since the diecast ones
came out, and I never had water ingress problems.

Alternatively,
http://cpc.farnell.com/vision/v24-20...rge/dp/AP02576
or
http://cpc.farnell.com/olan/ol20023/...ded/dp/EN81301

Bill

I agree with the 4 way in a good box, although the splitter is cheaper
from Maplin.