Old August 31st 17, 06:27 PM posted to
Default Weatherproof 4-way splitter

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
On Thursday, 31 August 2017 16:20:35 UTC+1,
On 31/08/2017 15:20, Richard Tobin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a 4-way splitter with a robust weatherproof
It's to replace a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier which stopped
working and the case turned out to have broken. (I don't think I
the amplification now.)

-- Richard

The small diecast ones are generally waterproof, if you wrap the f
connectors with self amalg.

That's how I used to do outdoor splitters ever since the diecast
came out, and I never had water ingress problems.

I agree with the 4 way in a good box, although the splitter is
cheaper from Maplin.

Screwfix do a Labgear external passive splitter (WBOS4F) for 8.59 and
Toolstation do a ProCeption equivalent (Bill likes these) for 8.49.
Both are masthead mounts but you can put them anywhere. Labgear also
do one that is much better protected LMSC104 but you may have to
Google to find a stockist. I've used several of the latter type in
dual split form and they work very well.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com