Old August 27th 17, 12:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Polaroid (ASDA) TVs

On Saturday, 26 August 2017 19:13:59 UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
"brightside S9" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 21:49:03 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Most of the big Japanese brands have outsourced to the cheapest production
facilities they could find - My Hitachi DAB/CD etc was a no name Chinese
job, and Hitachi didn't even know if any service info ever existed.

Some time ago I used the FCC number on a product to find the
manufacturer. See https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid
Whether that still gives the manufacturer of the final product I am no
longer sure.

There were lots of screws, so I started by peering through the vents with a
flashlight - and just happened to spot a bulged electrolytic.

You can sometimes find these with your nose - switch off first!