Old August 26th 17, 04:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Cold reboot needed for TV

On 21 Aug 2017 16:46:04 GMT

On 2017-08-18, Jeff Layman wrote:
Yesterday, as on many previous occasions, I got a YouTube video
on my Panasonic TX-55CX680B "Smart" TV for my grandson. As the
advert at the start came to an end, the screen froze, then went
blank. I could not get back to the video or even to the TV
channels. The only buttons on the remote which the TV responded
to were the eHelp and Power on/off (into standby).

Leaving it in standby for a minute or two didn't help. I could
turn the TV on, but other than the eHelp button, it didn't
respond. So I turned it off at the mains, waited for a couple of
minutes and turned it on again. Everything was back to normal,
and this time the YouTube video was fine.

Bloody computers!

Panasonic audiovisual equipment is one of the brands I will not
buy. Recently superseded in my loathing by Samsung.

I have three pieces of Samsung equipment, a Galaxy smartphone, a
laser printer and a smart TV. They all work as described and have
never given me a minutes problems, once they had trained me to use
them.

Fine. OTOH, the festering PoS that is our Samsung "SMART" TV means
that they will never get another penny from me.

Our Samsung TV set is fine, but it's pre-Smart, so doesn't have any of
these problems I keep reading about. It is in fact more intelligent
than the Toshiba set bought at the same time, for a different room. A
set that combined the good points of both, and removed the not-so-good
points of both, would have been just great.

If only...

--
Davey.