Old August 25th 17, 09:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

Default Scrambled?

In article , lid
says...

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:18:02 +0100
Peter Duncanson wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:33:30 +0100, Davey
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:56:19 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
news We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector
Montalbano recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all
we have is 1hr 58
mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either
scrambled
or not available. I don't think I was doing any other recordings
that
could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and got the timing
right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were
they practising last Saturday evening, or was something else
going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

--

We have one of those and it recorded perfectly. SWMBO watched it
Monday evening so it must have been OK.

Thanks. Just one of those things, apparently. I looked at the
recording via the Customised Firmware, thinking I would see if it
would decrypt, but it is listed as already decrypted, so I'll try
the hard reset idea, just in case.

Powering off an on again isn't a hard reset.

Ok. Your original recommendation was to power it off and on again, so
that's what I'll try. I don't have a high expectation of success,
though.

I have had this happen a couple of times over the years and a power off
and on again has done the trick.