Old August 25th 17, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default Samsung TV's "bricked"

"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:46:31 +0100
Alan White wrote:

According to today's 13:00 BBC One news, they will all have a driver
but the rear two just sit there. The lead truck generates a wifi
hotspot which allows the two rear trucks to drive very close to one
another and to respond faster than a human. Why not do away with the
wifi control link, do away with the two rear drivers, do away with
the two rear cabs, connect the rear two trailers to the driving truck
with sturdy tow bars and bingo!

I had thought that, the Australians have them and call them Road
Trains. Like you, I cannot see any advantage of the proposed system
over the one already tried and tested.

Do they only form up into a road train on a road with more than one lane? Do
they separate such that there is space for a couple of cars in between them
on a one-lane road, to allow leapfrogging of one truck at a time? If they
remain as trains, I wouldn't like to be stuck behind one on a single-lane
road, doing significantly less than I want to do, and find that there's
never enough clear road to be able to stay on the wrong side of the road
long enough to overtake something which is the length of several artics.