Old August 25th 17, 06:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_7_]

Default Samsung TV's "bricked"

In message , Davey
writes
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:46:31 +0100
Alan White wrote:

According to today's 13:00 BBC One news, they will all have a driver
but the rear two just sit there. The lead truck generates a wifi
hotspot which allows the two rear trucks to drive very close to one
another and to respond faster than a human. Why not do away with the
wifi control link, do away with the two rear drivers, do away with
the two rear cabs, connect the rear two trailers to the driving truck
with sturdy tow bars and bingo!

I had thought that, the Australians have them and call them Road
Trains. Like you, I cannot see any advantage of the proposed system
over the one already tried and tested.

One problem could be how to deal with the trailers at the start end of
the journey. You would need special terminals (like railway stations) to
accommodate the length of the train. We don't have the wide open spaces
of Australia, so there might also be difficulties getting around the
bends and obstructions on our British roads.

--
Ian