Old August 25th 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Samsung TV's "bricked"

Well did not see a date on that article, but assuming its current. They are
in a whole lot of ****. The consumer law here will mean a lot of just bought
devices will be returned for a refund, leaving lots of suppliers with nearly
new unworking stock that cannot self fix.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the widespread hack bug that
Samsung has in their smart tvs? If they horridly fixed it without testing
this exactly the sort of thing you would expect.
I was talking to somebody the other day who tells me you can hack into a
Samsung tv on wifi if the user also has a certain make of kettle with
internet connectivity, as it has no password and can be connected to and
then reveals the net passwords of anything else connected.
So as usual your system is only as strong as its weakest link.
Lets hope, listening to today's news about testing driverless trucks
piloted by one driver that nobody hacks those.

"MR" wrote in message
https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/24/...icking-uk-tvs/

Oh well, they'd make a good fire guard or art installation.

MR