Old August 24th 17, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Scambled?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 13:27:24 +0100
Peter Duncanson wrote:

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 12:11:59 +0100, Davey
wrote:

We sat down last night to watch the episode of Inspector Montalbano
recorded on Saturday evening on BBC4, but instead all we have is 1hr
58 mins. of a screen message saying that the channel was either
scrambled or not available. I don't think I was doing any other
recordings that could have overlapped with that one. It tried, and
got the timing right, it just didn't record the programme.

I see that Brian reported a failure of the BBC last night, were they
practising last Saturday evening, or was something else going on?

Any ideas? The PVR is a Humax Fox-T2.

I get that occasionally with a Humax Fox-T2. It is not alway a faulty
recording. The box can get "confused" and fail to replayed a perfectly
good recording. If so it can be fixed by powering the box off and on.
The recording might then be viewable.

There is no garantee, but this does work for me sometimes.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. We watched it on iPlayer anyway, but
it's worth knowing if it's a fix. I might have deleted it by now
anyway, of course.
And I'll backup my recording list first, just in case.

--
Davey.