Old August 20th 17, 03:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default Query: Reception on Cambs. - Norfolk Border

In article ,
Davey wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:37:08 +0100 "Woody" wrote:

"Eddie King" wrote in message
Friends,

a relative will shortly be moving to the PE14 area, just on the
Norfolk side of the border.

I note the location is about equal distance (60km as the crow flies)
from Sandy Heath and Tacolneston.

Can anyone confirm which TX best serves the area in question and give
any advice on the signal strengths to be expected.

Many thanks, Eddie

Good heavens, he still exists! Keil - or have you moved?

Transmitter - Belmont actually and it broadcasts a E Yorks/Lincs/north
Norfolk regional opt-out.

Have a look at ukfree.tv/aps/freeview, expand the map and drag it so
that it shows the relevant area, then click on the transmitters of your
choice and it will show the approximate coverage.

Doing that indicates a close thing between Belmont and Sandy Heath. I
agree, to my surprise, that Tacolneston, my transmitter, is out of the
picture (!) for this area.

why surprise? There's intervening high ground.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England