Old August 18th 17, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Cold reboot needed for TV

Yesterday, as on many previous occasions, I got a YouTube video on my
Panasonic TX-55CX680B "Smart" TV for my grandson. As the advert at the
start came to an end, the screen froze, then went blank. I could not get
back to the video or even to the TV channels. The only buttons on the
remote which the TV responded to were the eHelp and Power on/off (into
standby).

Leaving it in standby for a minute or two didn't help. I could turn the
TV on, but other than the eHelp button, it didn't respond. So I turned
it off at the mains, waited for a couple of minutes and turned it on
again. Everything was back to normal, and this time the YouTube video
was fine.

Bloody computers!

--

Jeff