Old August 17th 17, 04:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default OK time to do another freeview re tune

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
No and its the same with the daft spelling of the company which owns the
transmitters as well. If they are going to have a creative spelling of
archiver, it makes no sense to me at all.

Ah [sound of penny dropping]. Is *that* how Arqiva is pronounced? I always
thought the Q was pronounced as a Q rather than K and the I was pronounced
as EE - "Arkweever" (sorry, Brian, your screen reader is going to blow a
fuse trying to pronounce that!).

Looking at the wikipedia article for Arqiva
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arqiva it seems that I'd got the vowel right
and you'd got the consonant right - Arqkeever. I see reference in the
article to Merlin Communicationss: its MD and founder, Fiona Lowry, was on
the same Elec Course as I was. She's really done well for herself!