Old August 11th 17, 10:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default ITV Newsroom background

In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself watching the
background more than the presenter. It's totally ludicrous, with hundreds of
screens and open laptops all showing different pictures, yet nobody watching
them. I look out for a screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon
after the background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs before
repeating. Then again I have seen the whole 'newsroom' behind the 'glass'
miraculously replaced by a view of the Thames behind the same 'glass'.

There is a youtube video with Mary Nightingale, showing that only the
newsdesk is real, in front of a green screen.

ITV News must have a very low opinion of its audience.
--
Dave W